Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My feelings !

This happened today - 16th Jul 09 but I decided to post it nw.. no pt to backdate rite hee
Saw this post from a so-called "friend" of mine....

To all the parents
RE : Reminder to be a good HostI admired all the time and efforts to organise a party cos it really need lotsa work to ensure the food is nice and ample. But do remember to be a good host to every guest. Even if there is excellant food but lousy hosts, the guest will not feel good. Do spend sometime (even just 5mins) to talk to them, make them at ease and comfy. The guest will surely appreciate your efforts cause I believe they are not there for the food.

Thank you for reading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were invited to Melcolm 2nd birthday party at ECP. His parents organised a BBQ cum chalet for him. Went to IL's place 1st before coming to ECP as its on its way. We reached there ard 7.45pm. Er.. the place was packed with strangers. Only familiar people we saw were their parents. Both parents were busy with other things or friends. We were standing there like monkeys on display. I din even bother to take any pics even tho the camera was in my bag. Really no mood to take cos we only want to go back home. Then Jon accidentally woke 1 baby gal who was napping and her mum was trying to kill us with her stare. I was like trying to look for a hole to hide. The worst yet to come cos suddenly it rained heavily and we are stuck. Kenneth had to borrow an umbrella and went to the car to get 3 more umbrellas. And we made a dash to the carpark, Jon and I had more fun dashing towards the carpark cos we were singing.. "Rain rain go away.. little children wants to play.." and he laughed and laughed.. specially with the umbrella above his head..and me running and singing at the same time. It was fun minus the event.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was kinda shock followed by anger when I saw the above post. Felt that I have the freedom of speech 2 pen down my words and feelings. After today, I finally know who were my "true" frends. I'm glad that I still have a group of frends who were rather understanding and kind to me. Well, is not too late to know. This also remind me to be careful on who to invite in future for our events, leaving out those attention seeker and petty guest. Guest shld at least have the basic courtesy to inform the host that they are bringing their maid or some other ppl. Most impt note to all parents, always check with the child's parents if you would love to feed their kiddos some junk. I shall say, not all kiddos take junk food like yours ! Lastly, no thks for waking the baby gal up from her beauty slp. I wouldnt blame the child as he don understand but parents shld be responsible enuf to bring away their child if they whine n cry loudly instead of using their hands to cover their mouth. If you think that helps, the poor gal slping wouldnt have wake up !

Lastly, I shall say that I will continue to organise such events but without the presence of some "guest" to save all my trouble !

Thanks to all my wonderful frends who came. Although they dono all the guest whom I've invited, I'm glad they are very understanding and mingle around themselves. Guess how bz the host will be with 40 attention seeker n petty guest? Well, i'll never know cos I only have ONE AND ONLY guest who is like that on that day.

3 comments:

King and Emperor said...

While it's easy to air your views, i must be responsible to say that i choose to walk away without saying -would allow you to manage with more important tasks.

On a self-reflective mode, have i done well? I initiated to talk, i tried to mingle with no one i could recognise. Eileen ignored me (maybe she was still sore over the pranks -not that i care about it anyway.) I could only do what i could do in my predicament.

While you mention friends whom were understanding and started to mingle around - were they telling you the truth that they enjoyed themselve by mingling among themselve? Don't it make it hypocritical by doing so? I wore my heart on my sleeves, and one would be able to see if i am sad / happy. No double-edge sword or two-headed about it.

I am sure some of them knew one another - cos a closer investigation sees some guys were Melvin's brother during wedding.

Nevertheless, we shouldnt pin point on kids whom eat junk food! An accident is an accident. If u lose your wallet, i am sure Melvin wld be cool about it. However, some people may kick a big fuss over it. The poor girl wont lose a hair for waking up because it should be expected in such rowdy environment when there are kids.

Think about the firing squards at Shirley's blog. She took it anyway. The pot shots made by Eileen was justified, but was it also made out of anger/kinship/pure impartiality? You'll be the judge.

My purpose of my blog is to air my views and i have always been upfront. Should this incident sour the relationship, it's meant to be. But our arms (inclusive of Caretaker - afterall, she's a woman - will always be react strongly to some issues) will always be open to embrace the freindship. I recommend beer...

King and Emperor said...

And one more thing, just for the record, i sms Melvin that my mum is coming.

All she added on the gift for Little Melcolm without been told to do so.

Bottom-line:We arent those un-automatic orrather buay zi tong type, but we feel strongly that the hosting could be better. Maybe we could use a different media to highlight to you, afterall, i perceived everyone to think as liberal as me.

The Chia Family said...

Hi,
not refering to you abt bringing your mum, I knew u did sms Melvin abt it. We do communicate ok. Guess u know whom I'm referring to and I don't have to elaborate further.

Not trying to pin point kids who eat junk food but if is not your child, please be kind enuf to at least ask the parents. What if my child is allergy to the food that was been fed? Maybe you will think that I'm over protective, but that's my child. I do have friends who feed their child junks, do you think I border?

As for the accident, I suppose the parents got to know for themselves what happen since you were not around to judge whether or not this is a "real" accident.

Having said so much, I just hope ally can be kind enuf to exclude our parents on the upbringing part, afterall, this is all btw us.

Btw, I don't take beer, maybe wine would be better hahaha :p